Using a USB flash drive is an imperative thing to know about. In our day-to-day lives, the importance of a pendrive cannot be neglected. From storing and transferring of files, a USB flash drive helps us relentlessly since it was first invented. In the digital world we live in today, you have to learn how to use a flash drive. It’s quite simple and by practicing it a few times, you can easily get familiar with the steps. In today’s blog we will show you the way in a few simple steps and till the time you store your files & data in the flash drive, create their backup on infiniti kloud online servers.
Steps To Follow For Using Flash Drive
Here is a list of the complete steps that you need to follow in order to use a flash drive –
- The very first step is to plug the pendrive to the PC you are using. Push the device inside one of the many USB ports that have been provided to you. And it will automatically connect the PC and show it on your desktop.
- Once you have successfully inserted the flash drive into the USB port, you need to wait before the system reads the external hardware device. The time taken to detect the device depends on your system and how intelligent it is.
- As soon as your computer detects the pendrive, you will get the storage device icon on the My Computer tab. Double-click on it to open and access all the files and data present in it. Incase it is encrypted, the drive will ask for the right password by itself.
- Now, you can easily access, delete, view or transfer your files from the pendrive to the host computer. Once your work is done and you don’t need any of the files in the pendrive, you can format the drive for safety reasons.
- Right click on the drive icon on the My Computer tab and select Format. Then give access to clear all the data and keep your drive safe at all times.
Follow these above mentioned steps to use a pendrive properly and enjoy the many benefits of this compact electronic device.
What To Consider While Buying Pendrives?
There are many flash drives available in the market. Each has their own set of features and unique functionalities. You need to always get your hands on the devices that offer the best value for money. Isn’t it? So, the very first thing to check for is the capacity of the pendrive. The storage capacity of a flash drive can range anywhere between 8GB to 512 GB. Depending on your needs and budget, choose the right storage capacity, but the more it is, you can enjoy better flexibility and usability.
Next comes up the transfer speed of the flash drive. No one wants to sit in front of the PC for a long time before all their files get transferred. Speed is what we all desire whole working. That is why choose wisely between USB 2.0 and USB 3.0. The latter offers a transfer speed upto 640 MB data per second, whereas the former can offer a maximum of 100 MB. The price difference is also quite a lot. Hence, decide carefully on which one to invest in.
Using an USB flash drive is simple. Read the steps we mentioned and learn by yourself how to use a pendrive. Also, check the factors to consider when buying a flash drive. Let us know which USB brand you choose to prefer.